Wednesday 25 February 2015

OUGD602: Studio brief 2: Design Presence: Development

I showed my self brand that I had developed to some of my class mates, and although they said it was good they said they didn't think it reflected me as a designer. I understood exactly where they were coming from and decided to take a step back, scrap what I had been doing and to start fresh.









I went back to a previous idea, where I had been writing out Mt. Everitt in a handwritten style:




























I decided to try and develop this idea, as I thought it had a lot of potential. I started again by writing my name out over and over again on different materials. 

I tried writing out with butter, as I found it left a really nice mark with different lines, giving the typography depth, but i found that it was going to be hard to then scan it in and develop it from there.































I then tried using paint onto acetate





















I felt like I wasn't really getting anywhere, and that my painting skills weren't good enough to draw my own handrawn type. 

I then bought a marker pen from the library, and picked a piece of scrap paper out the bin. It just so happens that the texture of the paper soaked the marker pen leaving a really clear matte finish. I began to try out writing my name using the pen and the coated paper.













I found the type that I liked the best, scanned it in, and developed it digitally.



























No comments:

Post a Comment